Website Building 101
Tuesday, March 20
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Covo Coworking Space | 401 PINE ST. @ NORTH 4TH STreet
(in the newly renovated Iconic Mississippi Valley Trust building)
Launch your new website in less than a day!
For your business to remain competitive and relevant, you need a professional website. However, creating a clean, sophisticated and attractive website on your own can be daunting and frustrating. If you've decided to go the DIY route, but you’ve put off creating a site for ages, have a months-old, half-finished website or are looking for a fresh redesign on a modern platform, this workshop is for you.
Join me in a 2-hour workshop that will walk you through the basic building blocks of a website. I’ll give you the tools you need to create an impactful, beautiful and low-maintenance website.
For this workshop, we'll be using Squarespace and here's why:
- Squarespace designers have created dozens of stunning templates that can be used as-is, or almost infinitely customized with graphics, a library of more than 600 fonts and layouts limited only by your imagination.
- For more advanced designers, custom code can be dropped into any page for a website that is uniquely yours.
- It's one of the best values on the market with hosting plans starting at just $12/month.
- Friendly, skilled technical support is available at no additional charge 24/7.
- You can build your site with a free trial and pay nothing until you've determined Squarespace is right for you.
Upon registration, you'll receive a Pre-Workshop Guide that will walk you through setting marketing goals, defining a site structure and creating some of the content that we will use to build your site during the workshop.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Choose a template that suits your business and style (and easily change when desired)
- Adjust design features such as fonts, colors and layout
- Include relevant content in the right places -- just enough, not too much
- Add features such as social media, slideshows, video, music, newsletter enrollment and ecommerce
YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
- A new, finished 1-4 page website
- The knowledge and confidence to update your website’s content so that it grows with your business
- A take-home guide to ease you into managing your new website
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone with a business or project that needs a digital presence, no coding experience necessary!
Bonus! All attendees will receive a 7-page guide to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Sara Graham is a member the Squarespace Circle, a program that supports, inspires and engages a professional community of Squarespace website design "super users." What this means for you -- discounted services, longer trial periods, faster customer support and access to exclusive content. In 2017, she became a Squarespace Authorized Trainer, helping others learn to create impactful, beautiful and low-maintenance websites on a budget with Squarespace.
This is not an official Squarespace event.